Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Kareena and Vidya have a lot to thank to Lara

LaraLara says she said no Sohail-Salman Khan's Mr & Mrs Khanna and David Dhawan's Hook Ya Crook before they went to Kareena and Vidya.

Not quite happy with the opportunities being provided by producers Lara has almost finished writing a script.

Will she also direct it? "No I'm not ready to direct yet. And I can't wait to start my film. I've done two drafts. And I think it needs one more draft then I'm ready. What prompted me to write a script for myself?

Scriptwriters in Bollywood aren't writing anything indepth for woman.Invariably the scripts glorify the hero while the heroine is the love interest.

And the women-oriented films are half-baked attempts at feminist statements. Both to me are uninspiring."

But interestingly Lara has not written a woman-oriented film. "It has equal space for the male and female protagonist. It's not one of those feminist in-your-face women's films. The male lead will have a lot to contribute to my film."

And yes, Lara will produce the film. "We start soon. It will be a very commercial film..And I can't wait."

Whether Dino Morea will play the lead or not Lara won't say right now. "I've always been a writer. I didn't have to write earlier. Now what I do is, in-between shots instead of chatting or sleeping I write my script. Now I can't write unless I've noise all around me."

Lara's mom has been critically unwell for some time now. "My mom has been unwell for two years. So we're mentally prepared for the inevitable. My mom went into the hospital when I was in Pollachi for Billo Barber. I had to keep focused on my work. That's what being an actor is all about."

Lara is at her busiest now. "It feels good to have people like Shah Rukh and Akshay showing so much faith in me. My only professional regret is I missed out on Salman Khan's Mr & Mrs Khana.

But I can't do everything that's offered to me. David also offered me David Dhawan's Hook Ya Crook. That didn't excite me. But I'm doing David's Do Knot Disturb with Govinda.

We earlier worked together in Partner and I've just completed Ravi Chopra's Banda Yeh Bindas Hai with Govinda.We had a ball I've sharpened my comic aptitudes working with Govinda. "

No comments: