Tuesday, December 5, 2006

George Clooney's pig dies

George Clooney's beloved potbellied pig Max has died.

The pet passed away at the 'Syriana' actor's Hollywood home from old age. He was suffering from arthritis and partial blindness.

Clooney told the USA Today newspaper: "He was as old a pig as the vets had ever seen. I was really surprised when he went. I'm really upset, he's been a big part of my life."

The 45-year-old actor had Max for 18 years, and often spoke of his affection for his pet hog, referring to him as "Max, the star". He even shared his bed with the pig.

Max is not the only animal friend Clooney has lost this year.

He explained: "It has been a bad year for my pets. I had a bulldog that died this year, too. It's strange how animals become a bit part of your family. They really become a big issue with you."

No comments: